Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Snowy day

Jason has returned back to work, so I am here keeping an eye on our little man while I also wait for the phone call to return to Topeka to see my sister when she goes into labor :-)

Henry was able to start breastmilk again on Monday after I have been eating dairy free for two weeks. So far, so good! We will most likely need to fortify his milk with Elecare, but the boy can certainly chug down his bottle feedings now! He has been taking more from the bottle now which Jason and I are both very pleased about. (We even had a healthy competition to see who could get Henry to drink more) We have yet to see him take a full bottle, but we are hopeful that is just around the corner for him.

Henry has also been a little more alert and awake than he was last week when he was not doing as well. He also is grabbing on things more, and I have had to stop wearing necklaces and I will most likely be pulling my hair back in a ponytail soon. That boy has a good grip!

The doctors lowered the milrinone today and went up on the enalapril. We have another echo scheduled for Thursday to see how his heart is doing. The doctors may discuss tomorrow on if we should increase volumn or calories tomorrow for Henry's feedings.  At almost seven weeks old, Henry is taking just a little over two ounces per feeding.  



No comments:

Post a Comment